Friday, April 12, 2013

Healthy Smoothie - Oatmeal, Spinach & Berries

If you've been following along at home, you know I'm a sucker for a good smoothie.  This week I decided to add a few ingredients to one of my favorite mixtures of fruit to make it healthier, and loved what I ended up with.  Adding oats and spinach to the already delicious list of ingredients makes this a fantastic breakfast! I was SO full after drinking mine!


All you need is:

1 medium banana
5-6 strawberries
1 cup blueberries
1/4 cup yogurt (I used strawberry Chobani)
1/4 cup oats (I used Old Fashioned Quaker Oats)
1-1.5 cups baby spinach
1/2 cup water (or more)


Then just fill your blender and blend until smooth!  I gave it a little longer than usual to make sure the oats were pulverized.  :)


Even husband liked it!


Have fun switching out the fruit you use - I don't think you'll come up with a bad combination.

Interested in other cool treats?  Check out a few of my frozen yogurt recipes - Blackberry Honey Frozen Yogurt and Strawberry Banana Fro Yo!

Enjoy!


9 comments:

  1. Are you suuuuuuuure there's no chocolate in here? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It actually looks pretty good considering it has dried oats in it :) For me, color is key, yours came out a very pretty shade of purple. OK, I'm going to try and make one this weekend!
    xM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think! If you're worried about the oats, you could do 1/2 the amount (or just leave them out)...but they really help fill you up! :)

      Delete
  3. Yum! This looks so healthy and satisfying!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm a smoothie addict! I'll definitely have to try this combo!
    Visiting from Kelly's Korner. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Cristin. They're so good! Let me know how you like it. :)

      Delete
  5. This was great! I'm a newbie smoothie girl and I love finding new recipes. Mine came out green but I'm ok with the slime look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SO going to make these! My daughter (and I) LOVE smoothie! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete