Monday, August 5, 2013

About Much Ado About Somethin

Welcome to my little piece of the internet!  My name is Lauren, and I started Much AdoAbout Somethin’ in late 2012 as a way to share some of the things I love most with my family and friends.  Here, you’ll find lots of recipes, cake decoration tutorials, DIY projects, recaps of our adventures in New England, and random musings from yours truly. 

I currently live in Boston with my sweet husband (Travis) and mini dachshund (Toby), but am originally from North Carolina.  Travis and I were married in 2006, 5 years after meeting on our first day of college.  By day I work for an internet company doing sales and account management.  When I’m not on the clock, I’m either cooking, making cute things, or spending time with husband, pup, and our friends.  My recipes are usually pretty healthy (with an indulgent treat thrown in from time to time), easy to make, and have a Southern influence.

Since starting this blog, I’ve met lots of awesome people and had some cool opportunities to work with some fantastic companies, whether it be writing reviews of products, giving away goodies, or creating content for their websites.  One of my favorite opportunities has been with PBS, creating recipes for a cartoon that will launch in August.  (I’ll be sure to share these with you once the show airs!)

I’d love for you to stick around – you can follow me on Facebook, Bloglovin’, Pinterest, GCF, or Twitter.

And of course, if you’re interested in working with me, head on over to the media page (coming soon!) for more information!




7 comments:

  1. Yup - she's the coolest. If you don't follow her blog - get on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower here. and I am actually typing this from a computer in Boston where I am for the week before I head home to...North Carolina;) look forward to catching up more on your blog. Glad to have found you.

    maddie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way - I love it! Ohhhh to be heading home to NC. :) Thanks for stopping by Maddie!

      Delete
  3. Hi Lauren!
    Stopping by from the "Friend Connect" blog hop.
    Now following you via Bloglovin, GFC, Twitter, and Facebook. Looking forward to reading your posts.
    Have a great week :)
    Bismah @
    Simple Mama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bismah! Thanks so much! Heading over to check out your blog now. :)

      Delete