Welcome to the Tell Us Tuesday party everyone! We’re excited to see what you’ve been up to this week! Stop by every Tuesday to link up your latest blog posts and show off what you’ve been up to, then check out the other links and find new bloggers to follow, inspiration for new projects, parenting tricks, or dinner. Since this party is hosted by several bloggers, your links will be on multiple sites!
- Tell us about your recipes, parenting tips, DIY projects, or your family vacation – we want to see it all!
- Follow each of us so you’ll never miss a party. Follow on GCF, Bloglovin’, or your favorite reader – we’d love to hear from you!
- Add a party text link or button to your blog. This helps us in exchange for letting ‘ya link up! The more people that know about the party, the better.
- Click around – find a few links that interest you below and check them out! Better yet, leave them a comment and tell them where you came from!
- Spread the word – Share the party on Facebook and Twitter so more can join in the fun. The more people that find out about Tell Me Tuesday, the more it benefits you!
- We’d also love for you to follow us on Facebook and Twitter. We follow back!
- By linking up, you’re giving permission for us to potentially feature your posts on the blog or social media.
Each week, in addition to the link up, we’ll feature some of our favorite posts from the previous week. If you’ve been featured, grab an “I’ve been featured” button so you can brag to all your friends.
Every week, we’ll have a guest host for the party. For the first party, we decided to celebrate with guest host giveaway! This week, one lucky Tell Us Tuesday link party member will win one item from The Dress Up Box of your choice! You get to pick what you want! Amazing J Here at Tell Us Tuesday we love to showcase small businesses, and Wendy’s shop is the perfect product to showcase! (We’re also all music majors from East Carolina University – how fun is that!) Enter by linking up – easy as that!
Here’s a little more about Wendy and TheDress Up Box.
Last year my husband left on his first deployment. We were lucky and his deployment length was reduced to six months. Still, that's a long time to be away from a spouse or father and my children and I were eagerly awaiting his return. I decided to make something for our daughters to wear when we greeted him when he arrived. I made two pettiskirts and had such a great response to them. With the encouragement of my husband behind me, I decided to start making items that military family and friends can have clothing and accessories to show their support and pride for their loved ones.
I officially opened The Dress Up Box on June 1st, so this business is quite new and I'm so excited and thrilled with the response I've had in the last couple months.
I use new, store bought fabric, but can also use upcycled fabric from discarded uniforms. The military ends up discarding a large quantity of uniforms in great condition due to minor issues like ink stains that are unable to be removed in one area (but the rest of the uniform is great!), or there is an update in uniform type, so uniforms of the older style get discarded.
When I find some, I always wash all uniforms on a sanitary cycle before using them in any garment making. All items made with upcycled fabric are noted in listings. Custom orders are made with new fabric unless otherwise noted. This also allows for customers to donate an old jacket of their loved one and I can make a garment or accessory out of that piece of clothing.
I also make non-military themed items as well! If you're the winner, your item doesn't have to have the camouflage pattern on it.
Now…tell us what you’ve been up to!